HEALTHY TIPS, FOR BETTER BODIES,
FOR BETTER CHRISTIANS
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What is Covid-19?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) is a respiratory virus that was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, Hubel Province, China. This virus probably originally emerged from an animal source but is now spreading from person-to-person.
How is it Transmitted?
- Close personal contact, such as touching and shaking hands.
- Droplets while coughing and sneezing.
- Touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
How is it diagnosed?
Health care providers will assess patients and consult with the Health Department on whether testing is indicated.
What is treatment?
Most people will recover on their own. There are no specific treatments for Covid-19.
How do I prevent the spread of Covid-19?
- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What are the Symptoms?
Current symptoms reported have included mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing.